What personal information we collect
- "Personal information" is information or an opinion about an identified living individual or an individual who is reasonable identifiable (e.g. name and contact details). As its name suggests, "sensitive information" is a more sensitive subset of personal information, which includes your health information, criminal history, racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, etc.
- The information we collect and hold generally includes your name and contact information (including telephone number, email addresses, and address), information relating to your operation as a user, or other reference information and information about other parties that you may conduct, or are interested in conducting, business with.
- You may be able to deal with us without identifying yourself (i.e. anonymously or by using a pseudonym) in certain circumstances, such as when making a general inquiry relating to the services we offer. If you wish to do so, please contact us to find out if this is practicable in your circumstances. However, if you do not provide us with the information that we need, we or any of our third party providers may not be able to provide you with the appropriate services.
How we collect your personal information
- We may collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
a. directly from you via our website, the telephone, in writing or email; and/or
b. indirectly from third parties, if necessary.
- We may also obtain personal information from third parties. You authorise us to contact such third parties for the purposes of providing you with the services that you have requested.
Our purposes for collecting, holding and using your personal information
- We collect and hold your personal information for the purposes of providing our services to you and directly related purposes. Such purposes include:
a. providing Rentzi’s users, potential users and others with our services;
b. helping to develop and identify products and services that may interest Rentzi, our users, potential users or others;
c. conducting market or customer research;
d. developing, establishing and administering alliances and other arrangements with other organisations in relation to the promotion, administration and use of our products and services;
e. telling you about our other service offerings which we believe may be relevant (if you have requested to receive this); and
f. any other purpose notified to you at the time your personal information is collected.
Disclosure of your personal information
- Where appropriate we will disclose your personal information to:
a. our related entities, Steadfast brokers or third parties as is required in order to provide our services, including our external service providers, such as payment system operators, lawyers, accountants and other advisers and financial institutions;
b. if you are a broker, to insurers, reinsurers, other insurance intermediaries, insurance reference bureaus and industry bodies and groups; and
c. any other entities notified to you at the time of collection.
Transfer of personal information overseas
Your obligations when you provide personal information of others
- You must not provide us with personal information (including any sensitive information) of any other individual unless you have the express consent of that individual to do so. If you do provide us with such information about another individual, before doing so you:
c. warrant that you have that individual's consent to provide their information to us.
d. If you have not done this, you must tell us before you provide any third party information.
Your obligations when we provide you with personal information
- If we give you, or provide you access to, the personal information of any individual, you must only use it:
a. for the purposes we have agreed to; and
- You must also ensure that your agents, representatives, employees and contractors meet the above requirements.
Accuracy, access and correction of your personal information
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever we collect, use or disclose it. However, we also rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information. All personal information identified as being incorrect is updated in our database and, where applicable and appropriate, on our website.
- Please contact us using our contact details below as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information or if you believe the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- You can make a request to access your personal information by contacting us using the contact details below. If you make an access request, we will provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you unless otherwise required or permitted by law. We will notify you of the basis for any denial of access to your personal information. No fee will be charged by Rentzi for an access request. However, we may charge the reasonable cost of complying with the access request.
Security of your personal information
- We take reasonable steps to protect any personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, alteration and disclosure.
- For example, we maintain physical security over our paper and electronic data stores and premises, such as locks and security systems. We also maintain computer and network security. For example, we use firewalls (security measures for the Internet) and other security systems such as user identifiers and passwords to control access to computer systems.
- However, data protection measures are never completely secure and, despite the measure we have put in place, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. You must take care to ensure you protect your personal information (for example, by protecting any usernames and passwords). You should notify us as soon as possible if you become aware of any security breaches.
Links to third party sites
- Our website may contain links to other third party websites. We do not endorse or otherwise accept responsibility for the content or privacy practices of those websites or any products or services offered on them. We recommend that you check the privacy policies of these third party websites to find out how these third parties may collect and deal with your personal information.
- Like many website operators, we may use standard technology called cookies on our website. Cookies are small data files that are downloaded onto your computer when you visit a particular website. Cookies help provide additional functionality to the site or to help us analyse site usage more accurately. For instance, our server may set a cookie that keeps you from having to enter a password more than once during a visit to one of our sites. In all cases in which cookies are used, the cookie will not collect personal information except with your consent. You can disable cookies by turning them off in your browser; however, our website may not function properly if you do so.
Direct marketing and how to opt out
- When we collect your personal information, you may elect to receive information about our other services or products. If you no longer wish to receive such information, or you do not want us to disclose your personal information to any other organisation (including Rentzi or any related bodies corporate), you can opt out by contacting us using our contact details below.
How to make a complaint
- We will refer your complaint to our Privacy Officer who will investigate the issue and determine the steps that we will undertake to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if we require any additional information from you and will notify you in writing of the outcome of the investigation. We will try to resolve any complaint within 14 working days. If this is not possible, you will be contacted within that time to let you know how long it should take us to resolve your complaint.
- If you are not satisfied with our determination, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or complain to the Australian Privacy Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
How to contact us
The Privacy Officer
Alternatively, you can contact us via:
Rentzi Pty Ltd
PO Box 8111
GCMC QLD 9726
For further information on privacy visit the Australian Government Office of the Australian Information Commissioner Website at www.oaic.gov.au